Thursday 10 October 2013

This is my first draft of my magazine cover.I have chosen the colour scheme to be black, yellow and red. I have chosen this as i feel that these colours do not only stand out, black and yellow are the King Henry traditional colors. I chose this format as i felt that it was basic and and eye catching especially if you look at my magazine 'pug' which reads 'Bargain 50p' which i thought was a cheap price for students.


The masthead of my magazine is called 'King Henry Social'. I chose this masthead because it links with school and it sounds catchy.I chose black and yellow as they are the school colors and the colors stand out!

The sell lines i have chosen are giving a cliff hanger onto getting you to buy the magazine. The first sell line says 'KHS pupil gets his art work displayed in London Art Gallery, read page 22 for more.. this sell line gets you to open the magazine which will get people to buy it especially if they are interested in knowing. The other sell line is 'Exclusive interview with KHS dinner lady who won the 'Big One' this sell line could mean anything as the costumers/students don't actually know what the 'Big One' is.

I chose the Splash as 'Healthy Eating' because it's a good way to inspire pupils in King Henry to eat healthy and buy food from the school canteen, also if people are interested to know how the dinner ladies/school teahcers got the menu together there is also a sell line quote from the dinner ladies telling you how they got the menu. I chose the colour red for the 'Healthy Eating' font as i felt that it would bring attention to people and also goes with the colour scheme of the magazine. I chose the splash to be in a font of bubbled writing as i thought that it made it look bold and big as i felt that it was a important part of the magazine.

I chose the Pug to be simple but cheap and cheerful as shown above as 50p. I chose the background colour to be red just like i have used with my splash, i chose the colour red as it's a bold bright colour. I added on the pug that it is a 'BARGAIN' this emphasizes how cheap it is and that it's a reasonable price!


I chose to have a header bar so that it would look short but give information in the highlighted bar to show the importance of the news being given to the readers. The header bars are wrote in capital letters because it makes it stand out even if they are only short headers. Einheader bars don't say alot they are eye catching because they are on the top of the page and the bottom of the page, they also yellow so that they stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment